Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Vets for Freedom
A good buddy of mine asked to pass this along:
On behalf of Vets for Freedom, thank you for your service! Veterans for Freedom is organizing the country around a pro-mission, pro-victory message: We support our troops and their mission. We are looking for veterans to help get the word out about our message. We need leadership on the ground in your state as a State Captain. Here’s how you can help:
We are asking our State Captains to commit to the following “Six Action Items”
1) Sign-up pro-mission OIF/OEF vets at www.vetsforfreedom.com
2) Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper (we can help you with this)
3) Recruit pro-mission Vets to attend a Senator’s or Congressman’s Local town-hall meeting (We will provide you with dates, times and locations)
4) Conduct radio and television interviews with local media (we will coordinate these for you)
5) Call your Senators and Representatives: tell them to support Gen. Petraeus and our troops' mission
Need contact information for your elected officials? Click here: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/
6) SIGN UP TO SHOW UP
Commit to attend "Vets Take the Hill" day in D.C. Over the course of two days Vets from around the country will converge on Capitol Hill, telling Congress to stand strong with our troops and their mission.
Vets Take the Hill will take place September 17 and 18. VFF will pre-pay all expenses making the trip completely free to the vet traveler up front.
Feel free to call me at 605-254-2624 with any questions.
Posted by Dr. A at 4:00 PM